PTS Powder TransferSystem®
When transferring sticky or static powders, a layer will be formed inside the stainless steel pipe w...
When transferring sticky or static powders, a layer will be formed inside the stainless steel pipe which could grow significantly over time restricting the section of the transfer line. This effect is usually not occuring when using flexible hoses.
The use of a flexible hose offers following additional advantages
• The transfer line can be supplied in one single piece (hose) without any interruption preventing product hold up or
blockages (no intermediate flange with gasket, no welding rods in the line, etc.)
• Prevention of the presence of sharp elbows in the line (natural bend radius of the hose) which could lead to high pressure
• No change in the section of the complete transfer line (no adapter or reduction piece)
• Less hold-up in the line and better cleaning possibility
• Simple and easy installation
• Lower investment cost
In order to prevent any risk of static electricity, the hose should be made of antistatic or conductive materials.
Due to the low transfer speed of the powder (1-3 m/s) in the hose, no abrasion of the line nor any contamination of the product from the hose material can usually be observed.
Dec provide its own range of hoses which are suitable for the vacuum transfer of powders. Most of the hoses are made of conductive and FDA materials and are further resistant to cleaning with solvents.
Our team of experts will advise you on the most suitable hose for your specific requirements.